The 7-Segments LED Display Kit for Arduino is described in the article published by Electroschematics.com
This board hosts four 7-Segments LED display. It should be driven by 32 digital PIN from a microcontroller. The kit works best with a series of shift-registers controlled by an Arduino board or another microcontroller.
The better way to manage this board with Arduino is using a series of 4 daisy-chained shift-registers. For more information and details on the shift registers usage take a look to the Shift-Register x 4 Arduino Kit.
The kit includes:
- N. 1 50mm x 105mm dual-sided PCB with DIL Socket and 4 8-pins connectors breadboard compatible (green coated + silkscreen)
- N. 4 7-Segments LED Display
- N. 32 SMD limiter resistors
- N. 4 8-outputs connectors breadboard-compatible + the VCC pin
The kit has been tested on many different Arduino boards, from duemilanove up to uno, mini, nano and Arduino-compatible boards.
Software and documentation download
- 74HC595 Data Sheet (download 74HC_HCT595) ideal to driver the display.
- In addition you can also download the PDF article published by electroschematics.com (download Arduino Daisy Chain 7-segments LED Display – Part 2)
Kit pricing options:
- Full pre-assembled Kit: 21,00 $
- PCB Only: 12,00 $
Where to buy
You can find the kit on Tindie.com